Friday, August 19, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag

Grüße alle!
Every month I'll be posting my review of the Ipsy Glam Bag here! 

Ipsy Glam Bag Design
This month's theme was "Sugar Highness." The bag design was really cute this month, and was designed by the founder of Ipsy, Michelle Phan. I received the bag with the green hair that looked very mermaid-esque to me, which makes me happy! I usually end up loving their bag designs, but this one is one of my favorites!


NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in "Gleam"

This product is amazing. It can be used by itself, but when I want my highlighter to be extra bright and vibrant that day, I'll use this as a base and put a powder highlight over top. It's very pigmented and will definitely leave a high shine, and it's great to mix into foundation if you're going for a dewy look.
I received the color Gleam, but I previously used this product in the shade Sunbeam, which was the other shade I could have received.
Full size product is available for sale anywhere NYX Cosmetics sells their products, including Target, Ulta, and the NYX Cosmetics Website.
Direct links:


Josie Maran Whipped Mud Mask in "Vanilla Apricot"

This mask is wonderful. I have oily skin, and after using this mask my skin feels moisturized, but is not left feeling oily. That's a rare thing to come by for me! I also like the feel and scent of it - it smells a bit like red clay at first, but as it settles you begin to smell the not too strong but not too subtle scent in its background. The smell lingers a while even after you rinse, but since it's not too strong I like that about it! I would recommend going a little thicker than you might think to - the first time I used this, I layered it a little too thin and didn't get the full effects. Over all a really great product, and since I also have very sensitive skin, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have any adverse reactions or burning sensations. I used a sample size of this product, but the full sized one is available for purchase as part of a set at Sephora and the Josie Maran Cosmetics Website.
Direct links:



Trust Fund Beauty Liquid Lipstick in "K,Bye"


After trying this product, I have to say that I wish I loved it more. The positives for me are the color, which is a sort of dusty rose with brown undertones, and that the formula doesn't dry out my lips. However, out of personal preference, I don't like the way it sits on my lips after being applied. The formula doesn't dry at all and looks glossy (although it is not), and it comes off everywhere. I'm a big fan of matte liquid lipstick particularly because I can go about my day without having to worry about my lipstick coming off everywhere. This lipstick does just that, but for someone that doesn't mind this I wouldn't worry about it. The formula doesn't have any distinct smell from what I can tell, just a general cosmetic smell with no additives. It wouldn't be my go to, but the lipstick is beautiful and does work, so I can't fault it for my own personal preference. If you like this sort of finish though, this would be a perfect nude liquid lip for you. I received what looked like a full sized sample, and this can be bought at Trust Fund Beauty's Website.
Direct link:


Beauty For Real 'I-Line 24-7' in "Black Magic"

This eyeliner is pretty darn fantastic. I tried it out at first by applying it and then immediately smudging it out, and right away the product had already begun to set in. It will smudge with some help if that's what you're going for, but if you're not don't worry, it dries quickly! After letting it set for a minute or two, I again tried to smudge the line out and it wasn't budging. It would work well as a liner for your waterline, as once it's down it stays very well. It comes off easily with a makeup wipe or makeup remover as well, so you don't have to hurt your eyes trying to remove it. The color goes on and dries as a nice matte black, perfect for any cat-eye you want! I received a full sized sample, and this can be bought at Beauty For Real's Website.
Direct link:



Symphony Beauty Makeup Wipes in "Cucumber & Aloe Vera"

Let me start by saying that it's very difficult for me to find makeup wipes that don't burn my skin, as my skin is very sensitive. These makeup wipes are awesome. Not only did I not have any problems with it, it removes oil and makeup very easily and does it with a scent that I did not expect to love (I don't usually like cucumber scented things), but I ended up loving it. Two thumbs up! 

I cannot find a website for this company anywhere, and I couldn't find this company listed at Sephora or Ulta, but I did find a listing for these makeup wipes on Amazon. However, since I have no way of knowing if the seller is actually from the company "Symphony Beauty," I'm not going to provide the link. Do a quick Google search and maybe something will come up for you!

All of the opinions listed here are my own, I am not sponsored or paid, and nothing was sent to me for free. If you have any comments or questions feel free to leave them here!

Bis zum nächsten Mal!
RayKay

My social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment